We would like to inform you of some important issues and dates regarding your thesis study.
2020-21 Academic Year Fall Term important dates for thesis defense are given below.
|First day of thesis defense period for those students who have completed all other requirements of the program||26 October 2020|
|Thesis Monitoring Committee (TMC) period|
(Students who will defend after TMC period has to have TMC)
|29 December 2020 - 10 February 2021|
|Graduation Ceremony for Graduate Students (online)||15 February 2021|
|First day of thesis defense for students who are registered to a course/ seminar ||17 February 2021|
|Last day of thesis defense period||22 February 2021|
|Last day for submitting the bound thesis to the Institute * ||26 February 2021|
* Subject to Registrar's Office approval, this date can be extended until the late registration date of the following semester which cannot be extended further than due date of course add/drop date.
Complete Institute calendar can be viewed at https://grad.emu.edu.tr/en/academic-issues/academic-calendar.
Authorization Request to Schedule a Master's Thesis Defense Form should be submitted two weeks prior to the proposed defense date; Authorization Request to Schedule a Ph.D. Thesis Defense Form should be submitted one month prior to the proposed defense date, to the Institute of Graduate Studies and Research (IGSR) via the academic department. Additionally, please be informed that the first thesis format checking should be done prior your thesis defense application at IGSR. A .pdf copy can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address.
Frequently Asked Questions about Thesis Defense Application and Graduation Procedures
- Several useful information regarding application procedure for thesis defense and graduation procedures can be found in Graduation Procedures and Frequently Asked Questions information booklet at https://grad.emu.edu.tr/en/academic-issues/theses. We kindly advise you to read it thoroughly.
- PhD students need to collect signatures of external jury members on the approval page via post respectively therefore it needs to be planned beforehand to reduce any possible delays.
- The “Thesis/Dissertation Duplication and Publication Approval Form" needs to be submitted with your bounded thesis. You may use electronic signature on this form, or alternately, you may attach an e-mail with a written confirmation about the content of the form.
- If your co-supervisor is not available for signing the thesis approval page, they can fill “Delegation of Signature Authorization Form" to provide signature authorization to the supervisor.
Thesis Writing Format and Templates
Your thesis study must comply with the Thesis Format Structure of IGSR. The required format structure can be found in thesis format guidelines and thesis sample documents at https://grad.emu.edu.tr/en/academic-issues/theses. In addition, we prepared a presentation on thesis formatting to help you understand the basic structure. There, you will also find Thesis Cover and Signature Page templates. We advise you to use these templates which will help you a lot to fit in the required format. Finally, please remember that it is important to get final approval of IGSR before you bound your thesis.
We wish you success in your studies.
Institute of Graduate Studies and Research