At Eastern Mediterranean University (EMU), you will have an opportunity to carry out graduate studies in the field that you acquired your bachelor's degree or in a relatedfield, having completed the required deficiency program which will not be longer than one year.
Applications are accepted twice a year for Fall and Spring semesters. Application deadlines are announced on the web site of the Institute.
Prospective applicants are required to have a Bachelor's Degree for Master's programs and also meet departmental admission requirements.
Applicants for Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) programs must possess a master's degree.
For Master's program with thesis and PhD programs, the Turkish Republic citizens must have a program relevant valid ALES score of a minimum of 55. GRE (mathematical) = 610 or GMAT= 450 are equivalent to ALES=55.
The programs, that are run under Business Administration Department, require ALES from both Turkish Republic (TC) and T.R.N.C (K.K.T.C.) nationals. For details please click.
Further details on additional program specific requirements are available from the academic departments hosting the program.
A list of documents needed for application is given below:
- An official transcript of all university-level (Bachelor / Master) courses taken. A comparative mark/grade table if CGPA on the transcript is not out of 4.00.
- Attested photocopies of diplomas received from a university or equivalent institutions (i.e. 4 years study bachelor degree). English translations of these documents are necessary if they are in any language other than English.
- Documentation of scores received for English and academic proficiency exams/tests. This is not valid for the programs in which the medium of instruction is Turkish. Native speakers should indicate the place of birth and citizenship. All others should provide documents of any one of the below given English Proficiency Tests.
- Three letters of reference (not required for EMU graduates).
- Give details of any grant/scholarships that you have already been awarded (valid for your studentship at EMU) (add documents).
- Give details of any application(s) for a grant/scholarship that you have made (add documents).
- Statement of Purpose / Intention (Please submit on a separate sheet: Your purpose in applying to the program chosen, explaining your motivation as well as the areas of specialization which would be of interest to you within the discipline).
- A photocopy of your passport or I.D. card.
- A passport-sized (approx. 6 cm x 5 cm) photographs.
- Program specific documents: Architecture (Ph.D. & Master): Portfolio.
- Proposal (for PhD program applications)
English Language Requirement
For master's programs that are taught in English and all PhD programs (in English and Turkish), evidence of English language ability is required. If you do not have a valid English language qualification that meets the EMU requirements your level will be assessed by examination at EMU. Based on this assessment, one of the following will apply:
English Language Proficiency English Language Test and Support
- you will be exempt from the English Language Support Program and begin your postgraduate study directly;
- you will study English courses together with graduate program courses;
- you will study intensive English courses first (with no graduate program courses) before you start your graduate program.
Prospective applicants are required to apply online.
Evaluation of Applications
Applications are evaluated by the department applied and the final decision is made by the Institute of Graduate Studies & Research. The result is forwarded to your email address by the Registrar's office. Please note that incomplete application forms are not considered.
Eastern Mediterranean University - University of Warwick WMG Collaboration
Eastern Mediterranean University is an official overseas centre for The University of Warwick WMG MSc Courses. We currently run the WMG MSc courses in both Engineering Business Management and Supply Chain and Logistics Management.
Read more at: